Helpless

Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer"

Doesn't a verse like this ring with helplessness? Beginning with the very first word (in the English at least; I don't know Hebrew), the whole verse concedes inability: I can't decide on my own what is acceptable to the Lord. I wonder then what David is thinking when he calls the Lord "my rock and my redeemer." What does this mean for the New Covenant believer who is enabled by the Holy Spirit to be acceptable in the sight of the Lord because of the substitutionary death of Christ (cf. 1 Pet. 2:24)?

Does this make sense? One of you two people reading this should let me know...

Comments

Diana Simpson said…
i guess i am one of the two.... :) but i am waiting to hear what dad has to say... dd
Anonymous said…
How about Micah 6:8
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God?

And also John 6:8-9 6:8 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5 and 6

Are you "crammed with filth?"