Clarification of "Helplessness" - Thanks, Dad

This is why I'm going to enjoy blogging: If I say something misleading, one of the 4 people reading will most likely see it and point it out.

In "Helplessness" I almost made it sound like we as human beings cannot know what it means to do what is right, to do what is pleasing to the Lord. That is false. We know the truth and we supress it; we know what is right and we don't do it; we know what is wrong and we do it (see the book of Romans). I think that this is at least one thing dad was pointing out to me (see his comment). Thanks, poppy.

I must add, however, that it is because of our utter depravity that the sinless Lord Jesus Christ was executed on a cross. He died in our place, bearing the wrath that we deserve. He proved his power over death and the efficacy of his death by being raised from the dead, which we just celebrated on Easter Sunday (and we honor it every Sunday when we gather with the church because Christ was raised on Sunday). The blessings of forgiveness and right standing with God are ours if and only if we repent (turn fully) of our sins and place our trust in Jesus Christ. Hallelujah, what a Savior!

Comments

Which side of the cross are they, the helpless, on? BC or AC (before the cross or after the cross). "Jesus, keep me near the cross..." Three words jumped out at me from a recent news story..."helpless, hopeless, lost." Somehow the person quoted had this insight into their condition. I don't know how I knew I was helpless, hopeless, and lost but somehow I did, then I repented of my sin "...and won the victory." Another song! Victory in Jesus!

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5 and 6