C.S. Lewis on Not Belonging to Myself

I’ve only read C.S. Lewis once or twice in my life. Once in high school, and I think once more in college or seminary. I also read the Chronicles of Narnia as a boy. That’s why I’m excited that I’ve got to read Mere Christianity for one of my last classes in seminary. Here’s a quote from Mr. Quotable Lewis:
If somebody else made me, for his own purposes, then I shall have a lot of duties which I should not have if I simply belonged to myself.
What do you think of that? What makes that true?

Comments

Dutifully fulfilling His purpose for creating me and grateful for the privilege...Ephesians 1:12 ESV...so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory."
johnepower said…
I thought I'd posted a follow up comment, but I guess it didn't post! I think that is an appropriate verse, Dad, since hoping in Christ and bringing him glory are the very essence of what we were created for.

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5 and 6