Books on How to Read the Bible

My sister Diana asked me to point her towards helpful resources on how to read the Bible. We as Christians are very far removed from the world in which the Bible was written. The last canonical book was probably written as late as 90 A.D. That's old.

Also, because of the fact that "what Scripture says, God says," it seems clear that Almighty God intends to tell us something through this Bible. So here are my top 3 choices, in order, of books helping you get the "Big Picture" of Scripture:

1. According to Plan by Graeme (pronounced like Graham) Goldsworthy
2. God's Big Picture by Vaughn Roberts
3. How to Read the Bible Book by Book by Stuart and Fee (a bit different from the other two books; helpful for getting more details)

Comments

Jeremy Perrine said…
Check out my blog, to see my interview with Dr. Scroggins, Pastor of Highview Baptist Church (One Church, Six Locations).

Jeremy P.
msdaniel said…
'God's Big Picture' was soooo helpful for me! And it's short and a very easy read. I think I read 3/4's of it in one sitting. And it's cheap!

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5 and 6